POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Program Suggestion (comments) Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:22:18 EDT (-0400)
  Program Suggestion (comments) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ghost2
Subject: Program Suggestion (comments)
Date: 6 Nov 2004 10:45:00
Message: <web.418cf108ec92fcd97d1f61010@news.povray.org>
If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be tedious to
keep entering "//" all the time. It would be nice if comment/uncomment
options were available on the Right-Click/Text menus, much in the same way
that indent/undent are available.  I already know about '/*...*/', but this
would be be more selective, and easier to understand for newer users.
Also, this could be implemented on other platforms as well.

Post a reply to this message

> If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be
> tedious to keep entering "//" all the time.

Are you aware of the possiblity to use CTRL+click and drag to select a
block. Select a minimal 'width-block' just in front of the text, then type
'//'. It's not exactly what you ask but it works fine.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> I already know about '/*...*/', but this
> would be be more selective, and easier to understand for newer users.

  Sorry, could you profundize on this? I don't understand why.

> > If you have to comment/uncomment a large block of code, it can be
> > tedious to keep entering "//" all the time.
>
> Are you aware of the possiblity to use CTRL+click and drag to select a
> block. Select a minimal 'width-block' just in front of the text, then type
> '//'. It's not exactly what you ask but it works fine.

As a matter of fact, I was just about to log in here and request a feature
like this. Perhaps a little note about this very helpful feature could be
included in the documentation at the next release (I don't believe it is
included at the moment)?

-Mike
Knights Of Today

Post a reply to this message

> Perhaps a little note about this very helpful feature could be
> included in the documentation at the next release (I don't believe it is
> included at the moment)?

1.2.6.1  The Editor Feature Set
 - Column Selection and Manipulation
and