POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Cannot load file... Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Cannot load file... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Uplah
Subject: Cannot load file...
Date: 23 Oct 2004 07:05:00
Message: <web.417a39f71bcbb3c017968a7d0@news.povray.org>
Hello all

I was hoping someone out there could help me! I'm trying to generate nice
pictures of a protein structure, but the output .pov file from VMD cannot
be loaded into POV-ray for some reason. What I get is the the error:

Access violation at address 01161E12 in module 'povcmax2.dll'. Read of
address 00000000.

I press OK and it then says:

Failed to open file: The operation completed successfully.

When I then try to open it again, it says:

Failed top open file: Not enough storage is available to process this
command.

Are these two things related?

I have POV-ray v3.6 installed on a PC running Win2003 and has 1GB RAM. The
program is running from a primary partition of 20GB (with 12GB free), and
my .pov file is on a secondary partition of 65GB (with 4GB free). Also, the
..pov file itself is 246MB. Previous .pov files from VMD have loaded fine,
but admittedly they were only 168MB...

I have a second smaller question to do with the actual rendering. I get a
lot of comments about denegerate triangles. Is there an easy way of getting
rid of them?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Uplah

Post a reply to this message