POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Question about camera multi-view Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:03:29 EDT (-0400)
  Question about camera multi-view (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Alex
Subject: Question about camera multi-view
Date: 13 May 2010 12:47:50
Message: <4bec2d36$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

A long time haven't used POVray, but want to return :-)
I just wonder if such a 'tools' would exit, to render for a single scene
multiple views as if 3 (for example) cameras was in the scene ?

Purpose would be to get eg 3 rendered images with different point of
view without changing the camera attribute in the source scene...

Any idea for that ??

Thanks,

ALeX

Post a reply to this message

> A long time haven't used POVray, but want to return :-)
> I just wonder if such a 'tools' would exit, to render for a single scene
> multiple views as if 3 (for example) cameras was in the scene ?
>
> Purpose would be to get eg 3 rendered images with different point of
> view without changing the camera attribute in the source scene...
>
> Any idea for that ??

You /will/ have to set up multiple different cameras in the scene, using
some #if construct to choose between them (driven either by animation
variables or ini Declare=... statements).

Or you might use ini Declare=... to set parameters that you'll then use
in the camera statement.

Post a reply to this message

>> A long time haven't used POVray, but want to return :-)
>> I just wonder if such a 'tools' would exit, to render for a single scene
>> multiple views as if 3 (for example) cameras was in the scene ?
>>
>> Purpose would be to get eg 3 rendered images with different point of
>> view without changing the camera attribute in the source scene...
>>
>> Any idea for that ??
>
> You /will/ have to set up multiple different cameras in the scene, using
> some #if construct to choose between them (driven either by animation
> variables or ini Declare=... statements).
>
> Or you might use ini Declare=... to set parameters that you'll then use
> in the camera statement.

Hi again ;-)

That I already do, but my request is to press the "Run" button only once
and to get multiple angles views of my scene to check is from different
cameras view...

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

>> You /will/ have to set up multiple different cameras in the scene, using
>> some #if construct to choose between them (driven either by animation
>> variables or ini Declare=... statements).
>>
>> Or you might use ini Declare=... to set parameters that you'll then use
>> in the camera statement.
>
> Hi again ;-)
>
> That I already do, but my request is to press the "Run" button only once
> and to get multiple angles views of my scene to check is from different
> cameras view...

You can do that using the animation mechanism - using as many frames as
you have camera views.

Post a reply to this message

> A long time haven't used POVray, but want to return :-)
> I just wonder if such a 'tools' would exit, to render for a single scene
> multiple views as if 3 (for example) cameras was in the scene ?
>
> Purpose would be to get eg 3 rendered images with different point of
> view without changing the camera attribute in the source scene...
>
> Any idea for that ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> ALeX

Just for interested people, that thread is closed (at least solved) in
povray.newusers.
Cheers !