POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Mapping keys ... Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:31:09 EDT (-0400)
  Mapping keys ... (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Mapping keys ...
Date: 16 Sep 2009 16:23:39
Message: <4ab1494b$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to re-map keys for functions like render
start/stop/pause, etc?

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Charles C
Subject: Re: Mapping keys ...
Date: 16 Sep 2009 17:35:01
Message: <web.4ab1590e379a803cac4259f0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to re-map keys for functions like render
> start/stop/pause, etc?
>
> --
> ~Mike

I found this:

"Not all commands are assignable ! In general, only the commands that are
directly implemented in the CodeMax editor DLL are able to be set. These
commands are ones that relate to operations on individual edit buffers. They do
not include such things as file operations (load, save, print, etc). These
operations are implemented in the POVWIN editor wrapper code and are not
managed or able to be changed by CodeMax. Therefore, it should be clear that
you can neither change the key bindings for operations such as file save, nor
use the POVWIN- assigned keystroke (e.g. Ctrl-S in the case of save) for any
other purpose. "

Charles

Post a reply to this message

> "Not all commands are assignable ! In general, only the commands that are
> directly implemented in the CodeMax editor DLL are able to be set. These
> commands are ones that relate to operations on individual edit buffers. They do
> not include such things as file operations (load, save, print, etc). These
> operations are implemented in the POVWIN editor wrapper code and are not
> managed or able to be changed by CodeMax. Therefore, it should be clear that
> you can neither change the key bindings for operations such as file save, nor
> use the POVWIN- assigned keystroke (e.g. Ctrl-S in the case of save) for any
> other purpose. "

That's what I was afraid of... Bummer.

I'd prefer to have Start render as F5 ...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message