POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Windows 7 minor improvement for POV 3.6.2? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:09:50 EDT (-0400)
  Windows 7 minor improvement for POV 3.6.2? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: BobH
Subject: Windows 7 minor improvement for POV 3.6.2?
Date: 29 May 2009 11:19:56
Message: <4a1ffd1c$1@news.povray.org>
Posted results at povray.benchmarking which shows v3.6.2 benefits (slightly)
from Windows 7 over Vista, and is an improvement over v3.6.1c.

Benchmark in v3.6.2 was 86% (W7) to 89% (Vista) render time of 3.6.1c
(100%).

Something slowed v3.6.1c  by 9 seconds in Windows 7 compared with Vista,
could have been file indexing since it was installed immediately prior to
running the benchmark.
Otherwise nothing significantly different for the old POV. In fact, peak
memory was identical for old and new versions in Vista, at 5856903 bytes.
Not so in Windows 7, with 3.6.2 using a little less at 5855559 bytes and
3.6.1c using a little more at 5856969 bytes.

Post a reply to this message