POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available Server Time
17 May 2024 02:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available (Message 14 to 23 of 33)
From: BobH
Subject: Re: Test version of POVWIN version 3.62 available
Date: 26 May 2009 03:59:05
Message: <4a1ba149$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:4a1b930d$1@news.povray.org...
> BobH wrote:
>
>> Got to say it... program and scene file location is bothersome to me.
>
> I don't like it either. I feel uncomfortable having everything in the one
> place (which is why I fixed it in 3.7). However the code refers to the
> install path in many places and since the codebase is now so different
> between v3.6 and v3.7 I'd basically have to do all the changes over again.
>
> But thinking of it, I really think you're right. I might just have to go
> in
> and do it.

Which is why I didn't want to make you feel pressured to do that just for my
own sake. I'm sure you would rather consider this new 3.6 version finished.

The way it's an update to 3.6 I know most people will find all this to be a
problem, too, when they try to go from the old to new. I thought it might
not matter if no previous file were already left open in 3.6.1c when last
used. What I really didn't expect (but probably should have) was 3.6.2
finding one elsewhere even when no open files were left in editor, by going
into File|Open.

For me, not so much a problem if the file view settings had not locked me
out. That made me believe it was causing trouble for either Windows, or POV
itself had difficulty interfacing with the file system, or whatever other
reason unknown to me. I've only kept everything as administrator status, no
other user account exists.

Bob

Post a reply to this message