POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Dual-Core & network-rendering: SMPOV-User Support-Forum opened Server Time
17 May 2024 08:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Dual-Core & network-rendering: SMPOV-User Support-Forum opened (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: news povray org
Subject: Dual-Core & network-rendering: SMPOV-User Support-Forum opened
Date: 22 Apr 2006 10:29:02
Message: <444a3dae$1@news.povray.org>
Hallo,

What is SMPOV?

Assume you have 2 Computers like me:
Nr. ONE has a Athlon 3500+ CPU,
Nr. TWO has a DUAL CORE CPU 4400+

Now you want to use all of them to render a picture in POV-Ray for Windows.
Try SMPOV, use all CPU's you have.

And here is some news:
------------------------
To get a support-plattform for all those who render with multiple CPU's with
POV-Ray for Windows,
wheter in Dual-Core CPU's or over networks - or both together (works still
fine!)
we have just openened a FORUM here near the home of SMPOV:

http://www.forum.it-berater.org/

We will allow file-attachemnets to the posts (.txt as well as pictures,
maybe later .pov too) and all intrested POV-Users are welcome
to post in this forum their experiences, recommendetions and improvement
sugestions.

The Forum is split in 4 Kategories, which will be improved on time and use.
Look in Kategorie "IT-Berater: Theo Gottwald" for the Board "POV-Ray and
SMPOV" and please post your experiences and opinions.

For quite a while SMPOV has been changed "file by file" and and the package
got bigger and harder to understand.
Actually I want to clean it up and rewrite some code pieces, suggestions and
experiences are welcome.

best regards

Theo Gottwald
http://www.it-berater.org
Distributed Network-Rendering or Local SMP-Rendering. With SMPOV and POV-Ray
3.6. * Download free at: http://www.it-berater.org/smpov.htm