POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : povray multi-core version?? Server Time
17 May 2024 03:40:30 EDT (-0400)
  povray multi-core version?? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: bob
Subject: povray multi-core version??
Date: 12 Jan 2006 11:38:59
Message: <43c68623@news.povray.org>
hi. i'm a noob. is there any plans for a new multi-core/multi-cpu
version of povray soonish? i just got my nice new FX 3800+ cpu, and
i'd like to get some real grunt from it. still, i'm only now
learning povray, so it might take me a while. thanks.

bob

Post a reply to this message

http://povray.org/beta/

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

Warp nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12/01/2006 15:28:
> bob <bob### [at] mailcom> wrote:
>
>>hi. i'm a noob. is there any plans for a new multi-core/multi-cpu
>>version of povray soonish? i just got my nice new FX 3800+ cpu, and
>>i'd like to get some real grunt from it. still, i'm only now
>>learning povray, so it might take me a while. thanks.
>

> http://povray.org/beta/

Sory, but that version has expired. Waiting for beta11c or beta12.

--
Alain
But I thought YOU did the backups...

Post a reply to this message

From: bob
Date: 13 Jan 2006 07:48:40
Message: <43c7a1a8$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
>>> hi. i'm a noob. is there any plans for a new multi-core/multi-cpu
>>> version of povray soonish? i just got my nice new FX 3800+ cpu, and
>>> i'd like to get some real grunt from it. still, i'm only now learning
>>> povray, so it might take me a while. thanks.
>>
>> http://povray.org/beta/
>>
> Sory, but that version has expired. Waiting for beta11c or beta12.

yep, waiting here as well. i can do *without* it, but why not use my
extra core efficiently? mmm, twin core. anyhow, back off to read
some more of the POV tute.

bob