POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POV-Ray restarting upon login Server Time
17 May 2024 08:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray restarting upon login (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Darren New
Subject: POV-Ray restarting upon login
Date: 14 Dec 2005 00:19:37
Message: <439fab69$1@news.povray.org>
It seems that POV-Ray for Windows restarts itself if it was running when
you logged out. This is somewhat annoying for me, as I have a machine
with a batch script that starts up and runs a bunch of traces with
    pvengine.exe CameraN.pov /render /exit
as part of building a Myst-like web site. If the machine gets rebooted,
the automatic login kicks in, the batch file starts up, POV-Ray starts
itself up, and when the batch file invokes POV-Ray, POV-Ray complains
it's already running. (Plus, it seems to be very difficult to get the
complaint window up so you can close it, but that's a different story.)

Is there any easy way to keep POV-Ray for Windows from restarting itself
if it was running when you logged out? I've unchecked the "Keep single
instance" flag, but it doesn't really seem to help. The first instance
comes up, the second instance just brings up an iconified window you
can't uniconify, with a tooltip of "Single instance flag" or some such.

Additionally, is there any way to add things programatically to the
render queue? Is that kept in a file somewhere?

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
    Sabotage? Communist conspiracy? Or just