POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : New POVWIN available Server Time
2 Jun 2024 07:52:38 EDT (-0400)
  New POVWIN available (Message 1 to 10 of 10)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: New POVWIN available
Date: 27 Jan 2005 18:42:23
Message: <41f97c5f@news.povray.org>
There's a new build of POVWIN available for 32-bit platforms. Just grab
it from the main download page. Main change is that the editor has been
completely re-jigged; it's still based on codemax in the back-end but the
interface (which is about 5,000 lines of code) has been re-written. (This
is actually the same code that is in the Win64 version).

The new version is numbered 3.6.1a (the 'a' means a platform-specific
sub-version and does not mean 'a' will be made available on other platforms).

Please grab it and let me know if the new code contains any of the bugs
highlighted here in the past (e.g. the 'file changed' flag being set
wrongly etc). Note that you should not expect any changes to the core
editor (such as the ability to handle nested comments) as this is not the
part that was re-written.

The new code should be equivalent in functionality to the old one with a
few minor new features (such as the ability to print in color).

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

"Chris Cason" <nos### [at] deletethispovrayorg> wrote in message
> There's a new build of POVWIN available for 32-bit platforms. Just grab
> it from the main download page. Main change is that the editor has been
> completely re-jigged; it's still based on codemax in the back-end but the
> interface (which is about 5,000 lines of code) has been re-written. (This
> is actually the same code that is in the Win64 version).
>
> The new version is numbered 3.6.1a (the 'a' means a platform-specific
> sub-version and does not mean 'a' will be made available on other
> platforms).
>
> Please grab it and let me know if the new code contains any of the bugs
> highlighted here in the past (e.g. the 'file changed' flag being set
> wrongly etc). Note that you should not expect any changes to the core
> editor (such as the ability to handle nested comments) as this is not the
> part that was re-written.
>
> The new code should be equivalent in functionality to the old one with a
> few minor new features (such as the ability to print in color).
>
> -- Chris

Post a reply to this message