POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : tab size settings Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:51:15 EDT (-0400)
  tab size settings (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Rune
Subject: Re: tab size settings
Date: 10 Aug 2004 02:42:52
Message: <41186e6c@news.povray.org>
Chris Cason wrote:
> the new value you apply to the tab value becomes
> the default for any file opened or created after
> that point (apart from those in the MRU list).

That is not the way the editor works. Try this:

Close all open files.

Create a file a.pov and set the tab setting to 2.
Create a file b.pov and set the tab setting to 4.

Now any file opened or created after that point should have a tab setting of
4? Nope...

Select the file a.pov in the editor so it is the active file.
Create a new file. The new file now has a spacing of 2 tabs, not 4.

This is not what the documentation says as far as I can tell?

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com