POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : [OT] REQ: command-line ZIP utility Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:07:29 EDT (-0400)
  [OT] REQ: command-line ZIP utility (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Andrew Wilcox
Subject: Re: [OT] REQ: command-line ZIP utility
Date: 27 May 2003 14:27:06
Message: <3ed3adfa@news.povray.org>
Have you ever looked at Ant (http://ant.apache.org/).  It has a zip task that will do
everything you require, plus it could probably
handle the rest of the scripts you are creating.  I use it for all my build needs.

Andrew Wilcox

Post a reply to this message

From: SÅ‚awomir Szczyrba
Date: 28 May 2003 01:29:56
Message: <slrnbd7raq.ui.steev@hot.pl>
BOFH excuse 156: Zombie processes haunting Peter Popov :

> Slawomir, I already tried 7-zip and unfortunately it can't handle long
> file names with spaces in the name/path, and it also proved quite
> unstable when archiving large files (100-200 MB). 10x anyway :)

I think, you need a 'linux' zip compiled with djgpp or similair...
I heard, it can read filenames from a file.
Myself, I use the same zip, but compiled with MSVC. Works well :)
It can read names from stdin, so You can do :
 type files.txt | zip -@ archive.zip
(I hope, never did it :)

You can also look at < ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi > and/or SimtelNet archives...

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700

Slawek
--

Post a reply to this message

From: rmorehouse
Date: 30 May 2003 16:35:01
Message: <web.3ed7bfb3101a839186aded30@news.povray.org>
i found a commandline interface to winzip 8.0 here
http://www.winzip.com/wzcline.htm

Richard