POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Drag & Drop ? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 03:41:52 EDT (-0400)
  Drag & Drop ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: P P
Subject: Drag & Drop ?
Date: 3 Jan 2004 16:27:14
Message: <3ff733b2$1@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of any programs like 3D studio which allow the building of
an object say a car, then allow conversion into Povray Code ?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Patrick Elliott
Subject: Re: Drag & Drop ?
Date: 4 Jan 2004 14:34:09
Message: <MPG.1a621822e3bcd3e6989965@news.povray.org>
In article <3ff733b2$1@news.povray.org>, pet### [at] top99freeservecouk
says...
> Does anyone know of any programs like 3D studio which allow the building of
> an object say a car, then allow conversion into Povray Code ?
>
> Thanks

There are ones like Wings3D (I think it is called) that can be used to
convert and a few that support old 2.0 or 2.2 syntax, as well as some
others that where/are designed to export to POV. A major one is Moray,
which is designed specifically for use with POV-Ray.

-----
On a side note:

I must say though that your Drag & Drop subject header really caught my
eye though.. It would be very interesting to see a modeller that you
could select and object, CSG or group of objects and literally drag and
drop it, or even cut and paste to, the POV-Ray editor and have the
modeller produce the native POV-Ray code as the stuff inserted into the
scene.

Or even a quick converter that you can paste an object from common
programs into that will generate POV equivalent code with. Just drag the
object or cut and paste it to the converter and have it automatically
place the POV code for it into the clipboard. All you do is switch to
POV-Ray and do Ctrl-p.

Damn... Wish I was a good enough programmer to design something like
that. :( It would be a lot more useful than some existing conversion
options.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()