POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 06:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ? (Message 21 to 30 of 39)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 9 Messages >>>
From: Pandora
Subject: Re: NO whitespaces allowed in Path to ini ?
Date: 15 Aug 2002 03:22:45
Message: <3d5b56c5$1@news.povray.org>
news:3d5b51a6$1@news.povray.org...

> Well, given that the source code is available, isn't this guessing game
> redundant?

    Have you actually looked at the startup code for WinPOV ? It's quite
complex - the developers are for more likely than any of us, mere mortals
(even a software engineer like me), to be able to quickly find the source of
this bug and fix it - information like this will be helpful to them in
knowing where in the source the bug is likely to reside.
    Having said that, and having thought about it a little, I think this
could be quite a difficult bug to fix - it's probably caused by the fact
that you can pass a number of command line parameters to pov and the
parameters are separated by spaces... though why, then, spaces in the file
name work ok, but spaces in the directory path doesn't, I'm not sure...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.

Post a reply to this message