POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : 3.5 beta 4 insert menu bug?? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  3.5 beta 4 insert menu bug?? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Renato Oliveira
Subject: 3.5 beta 4 insert menu bug??
Date: 26 Sep 2001 13:34:16
Message: <3bb21198@news.povray.org>
Sorry if this is in the wrong group, but I thought would be better be sure
of the error before making a report.
The "Insert Menu - Special Effects - Global Photons" is supposed to haven't
one of the }'s? Because mine is just like the following, and doesn't render
without adding a } at the end:

// adding a photon{} block to global_settings activates photon mapping.
// photons also need to be adjusted for light sources and objects.
global_settings {
  photons {
    spacing 0.01                 // specify the density of photons
    file://count 100000               // alternatively use a total number of
photons

    file://gather min, max            // amount of photons gathered during
render [20, 100]
    file://media max_steps [,factor]  // media photons
    file://jitter 1.0                 // jitter phor photon rays
    file://max_trace_level 5          // optional separate max_trace_level
    file://adc_bailout 1/255          // see global adc_bailout
    file://save_file "filename"       // save photons to file
    file://load_file "filename"       // load photons from file
    file://autostop 0                 // photon autostop option
    file://radius 10                  // manually specified search radius
    // (---Adaptive Search Radius---)
    file://steps 1
    file://expand_thresholds 0.2, 40
}

// Renato Oliveira

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry if this is in the wrong group, but I thought would be better be sure
> of the error before making a report.
> The "Insert Menu - Special Effects - Global Photons" is supposed to haven't
> one of the }'s? Because mine is just like the following, and doesn't render
> without adding a } at the end:
>
> [...]

Thanks for mentioning, the correct group to post would be
povray.beta-test.  It's not a problem, no real need to cancel the posting.

BTW, your Outlook is producing rubbish with the '//'-s.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>