POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Can't Seek In Bitmap Error Server Time
2 Jul 2024 23:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  Can't Seek In Bitmap Error (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Topher
Subject: Can't Seek In Bitmap Error
Date: 18 Sep 2001 15:17:02
Message: <3ba79dae@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render a very large scene for a background (1024x768 0.3 AA).
After about an hour and a half the scene will start to render. After a few
lines it will give me the error that it can't seek within the bitmap. I've
tried rendering at 640x480 and this worked. What am I doing wrong? I have
256megs of memory and it does use a large bit of my swap file to parse and
create the bounding slabs.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris

Post a reply to this message

>I am trying to render a very large scene for a background (1024x768 0.3
AA).
>After about an hour and a half the scene will start to render. After a few
>lines it will give me the error that it can't seek within the bitmap. I've
>tried rendering at 640x480 and this worked. What am I doing wrong? I have
>256megs of memory and it does use a large bit of my swap file to parse and
>create the bounding slabs.

Are you by any chance running out of disk space?  What might be happening is
that the swap file is growing to the point that it takes up most of the disk
space, and the image file takes up the rest.  Then, when the render stops,
the swap file shrinks down to normal.

Could you please post the exact error message that POV-Ray gives you?

--
Mark