POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : "Roundview" panoramic camera Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:21:14 EDT (-0400)
  "Roundview" panoramic camera (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: MPunk3
Subject: "Roundview" panoramic camera
Date: 19 Feb 2001 10:25:45
Message: <3a913af9$1@news.povray.org>
Here is something the POV team should look at, if they haven't seen it
already:

http://sabix.etdv.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/sabpov/index.htm

This guy has created a "roundview" camera -- it generates a 360 degree
image. Load it into ArcSoft Panorama Maker and you can produce a
surround-video Quicktime MOV of your POV image. (I was doing this the hard
way by rotating a camera then using Panorama Maker to stitch the images
together.)

We could hope for the ultimate, of course -- a new MOV surround-video output
file type, but I guess I'm getting carried away.

Post a reply to this message