POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : MegaPOV: Using in command-line mode? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:21:27 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPOV: Using in command-line mode? (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Subject: Re: MegaPOV: Using in command-line mode?
Date: 14 Aug 2001 05:30:59
Message: <3B78EFCE.EB5CC37F@ignorancia.org>

>   I don't understand how it possibly could work differently depending on
> the size of the DOS window. A DOS program can't know if it's running
> full-screen or in windowed mode (unless it does some weird Windows API calls,
> which makes it a non-DOS program then).

 I think he means DOS under windows, as opposed to DOS mode. Anyhow, as
nobody today runs in pure DOS mode, this allows "bad guys" (if it really
spits out nothing under windows) to bundle it with a self-written
modeller for windows, hiding to the user the fact that pov is the
rendering engine. This is, if I remember well, expressly forbidden in
povlegal.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia