POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs Server Time
5 Jul 2024 07:36:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba
Subject: Re: Using the Emacs POV-Mode in the win32 XEmacs
Date: 25 Apr 2001 05:14:39
Message: <3ae6957f@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote in message <3AE56CB8.8A9ACC75@gmx.de>...
> Probably not a very good solution.  I tried it with other programs and
> found that it:
>
> - takes quite a long time to load
> - does not print out anything (error info, stats) that can be used by the
> invoking program
> - does not return as you would expect from a console program
> - does not work at all if 'keep single instance' is activated.

As mentioned before not everything is true, but I must admit that I use your
CygWin compilation for one reason. It not changes enviroment I think. I mean
that I can take it on any disk to anywhere and not worry that I change something
(registers). I mean that console compilation is clean for system and very
helpful for handy distributed rendering :-)

ABX

Post a reply to this message