POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Problem with POV-Ray in Windows 2000 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:09:41 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with POV-Ray in Windows 2000 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Harry Johnston
Subject: Problem with POV-Ray in Windows 2000
Date: 5 Apr 2001 00:39:47
Message: <3ACBF70C.31FDF0FF@scms.waikato.ac.nz>
Hi,

There appears to be a fairly serious cosmetic problem with POV-Ray under
Windows 2000.  Whenever a non-Administrative user exists POV-Ray the
following error message appears:

ERegistryException: Failed to set data for 'AutoIndent'

Allowing any user to edit the contents of the registry under
SOFTWARE\POV-Ray solves the problem, but isn't acceptable in a student
computer lab.

Any hope of this one being fixed in 3.5?

  Harry.

Post a reply to this message

You can lock down the registry under NT4 as well, so it isn't a Win2K issue.
Actually I think I read WinME adheres to domain security policies, too, so
it might even affect WinME.

You're right, though, this should be stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and not
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.