POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Help! On Smokegen How to make black smoke? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 05:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Help! On Smokegen How to make black smoke? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bogdan
Subject: Help! On Smokegen How to make black smoke?
Date: 16 Mar 2001 16:47:23
Message: <3AB28A14.31EE109F@yahoo.com>
I have tried to make smoke with SmokeGen by Mikael Carneholm

everything works fine...but i can make  ONLY  WHITE smoke
no dark black smoke

Any help?
Thx
Bogdan

Post a reply to this message

From: Les Patterson
Subject: Re: Help! On Smokegen How to make black smoke?
Date: 26 Jan 2002 20:54:09
Message: <3C537A86.3010107@txcyber.com>
Bogdan,
  Here is the code as given to me by Mikael.

#include "colors.inc"
#include "woods.inc"
#include "Winds.inc"

camera{
  location <0,2,-5>
  look_at 0
}

plane{
  y, 0
  material{
   texture{
    T_Wood10
   }
  }
}

light_source{ <0,100,0> color rgb 0.4}

light_source{
  <-2,10,-1>
  color White
  spotlight
   radius 5
   falloff 14
   tightness 10
  point_at 0
}

#declare obj_pos = <0,0,0>;
#declare SmokeDens=1;
#declare MainColor=<10,10,10>*0.2;
#declare SplineClockStart=0;
#declare SplineClockStop=1;
#declare FramesElapsed=20;
#declare InitialSize=0.2;
#declare MaxSizeInc=0.05;

#declare WindDir=E;
#declare WindStrength=0.05;
#declare ConstAscendRate=0.1;
#declare PreviewMode=0;

#include "SmokeGen.inc"

On the line that reads; (#declare MainColor=<10,10,10>*0.2;) Just change
the "10's" to "-10's" and that will make the smoke Black. You can play
with some of the other values aslo for density, size, etc. to get what
you want.
Les