POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Re: Pov freezes when I select text Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:09:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov freezes when I select text (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: SamuelT
Subject: Re: Pov freezes when I select text
Date: 7 May 2000 16:30:23
Message: <3915D2D7.C914BDBA@aol.com>
Many thanks Alan!

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message

From: SamuelT
Date: 7 May 2000 17:50:09
Message: <3915E587.C3FE004C@aol.com>
Well, I downloaded version 3.1g, and the Visual c++ binary. While I still
experience crashes as a result of selecting text, I am enjoying a slightly
faster render time. Thanks Ken and Alan.

It seems I am the only one experiencing the text problem. I'll just live with
it like I have been all this time :)

P.S. Can I enjoy the faster render time when using MegaPov?

"SamuelT." wrote:

> Many thanks Alan!
>
> Alan Kong wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 06 May 2000 15:57:55 -0700 "SamuelT." <STB### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> >
> > >I am using version 3.1a.watcom.win32 (is 3.1g faster, btw?).
> >
> >   Hi, Samuel. Many people report that the Microsoft Visual C++ binary is
> > faster to render scenes than the standard Watcom binary included with
> > POV-Ray for Windows v3.1g. The VC++ binary is available for download at
> > ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Windows/pve-vc6.zip. DO NOT
> > ATTEMPT TO USE THIS EXECUTABLE without first downloading and installing
> > the complete POV-Ray for Windows v3.1g package - it won't work without
> > it!
> >
> > (followups to povray.windows group, thanks)
> >
> > --
> > Alan - ako### [at] povrayorg - a k o n g <at> p o v r a y <dot> o r g
> > http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer
>
> --
> Samuel Benge
>
> E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom
>
> Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial:
> http://members.aol.com/stbenge

--
Samuel Benge

E-Mail: STB### [at] aolcom

Visit the still unfinished isosurface tutorial: http://members.aol.com/stbenge

Post a reply to this message

> Well, I downloaded version 3.1g, and the Visual c++ binary. While I still
> experience crashes as a result of selecting text, I am enjoying a slightly
> faster render time. Thanks Ken and Alan.
>
> It seems I am the only one experiencing the text problem. I'll just live with
> it like I have been all this time :)

Considering the low amount of memory you have on your system I wouldn't
be surprised if that might be a contributing factor. These kinds of
isolated problems can be a real bear to track down especialy when only
one person is reporting them.

> P.S. Can I enjoy the faster render time when using MegaPov?

I think (!) that Nathan is also using a MSVC compiler so you should see
a performance boost in some areas. He may also need to do some more
optimizations...