POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Win 2000 - POV-Ray for Windows compatability ? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 03:51:36 EDT (-0400)
  Win 2000 - POV-Ray for Windows compatability ? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ken
Subject: Win 2000 - POV-Ray for Windows compatability ?
Date: 2 Mar 2000 01:17:24
Message: <38BE0660.72E608E9@pacbell.net>
A message today on the IRTC mailing list questions the compatability
of Win 2000 and the windows version of POV-Ray for Windows Are there
any known compatability issues that anyone is aware of ? Ron ?

Here is the content of the IRTC message:

---------------------
Is anyone else out there running POV under Win 2000?  If so, having any
trouble?  I'm currently having a problem where POV gets approximately 5 to
10% into a render and then dies, leaving an incomplete, locked, unusable
image written to the drive that requires me to log off in order to delete it
and try again.

It might be something to do with permissions while writing the file because
if it doesn't exist, i.e., the first time I render again, it works fine.
It's only subsequent renders that crash.

Note: I know that mostly likely the POV team probably hasn't approached the
Win2K compatability issues yet, so I'm not pestering for a solution, just
looking for others who might be having the same problems and warning those
thinking of making the upgrade.

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 22:12:48 -0800, Ken wrote:

>A message today on the IRTC mailing list questions the compatability
>of Win 2000 and the windows version of POV-Ray for Windows Are there
>any known compatability issues that anyone is aware of ? Ron ?

I'm not having any problems here, but I haven't installed the RTM version
of Win2K yet, either.  I'm still running RC2.  POV 3.5 works fine, too. :)

> On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 22:12:48 -0800, Ken wrote:
>
> >A message today on the IRTC mailing list questions the compatability
> >of Win 2000 and the windows version of POV-Ray for Windows Are there
> >any known compatability issues that anyone is aware of ? Ron ?
>
> I'm not having any problems here, but I haven't installed the RTM version
> of Win2K yet, either.  I'm still running RC2.  POV 3.5 works fine, too. :)

I'll pass on your lack of concern :)