POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Light Rays Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Light Rays (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Chad Kruger
Subject: Light Rays
Date: 10 Feb 2000 00:57:54
Message: <38A2539B.DFE26D2E@hotmail.com>
Hi,

Does anyone out there know about how to create light rays in POV-Ray.
In the help
document under Atmospheric Effects, it says that it can be done, but
gives no specific
examples.

So far, I have run a few tests with fog and adding a filter number to
the rgb of the fog
colour, add some light, and there is still no difference between the fog
that remains in
shadow and the fog that lies in light.

Any help with this matter would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

> Does anyone out there know about how to create light rays in POV-Ray.
> In the help
> document under Atmospheric Effects, it says that it can be done, but
> gives no specific
> examples.
>
> So far, I have run a few tests with fog and adding a filter number to
> the rgb of the fog
> colour, add some light, and there is still no difference between the fog
> that remains in
> shadow and the fog that lies in light.
>
> Any help with this matter would be appreciated.  Thank you.

In the example scenes that came with the program you will find 3-4
scenes that use scattering media and spotlights to illustrate how
to make visible light beams (I forget the names off hand). You
might also check out the tutorials at the links below for more
on using POV-Ray's media function.

http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media1.html
http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html

http://perso.infonie.fr/rod.gelaude/

%POVpath%\scenes\interior\media\media1.pov is one example of such a thing.

Bob