POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : help! Server Time
8 Jul 2024 04:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  help! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: MOHAMMED HUSSAIN
Subject: help!
Date: 28 Jan 2000 06:55:09
Message: <38918391.D4FF098A@coventry.ac.uk>
I need to know I one unit in the pov-ray's
coordinate is expressed as.

for eg if I draw a line in pov-ray from
<0,0> <1,0> how much is 1 point expressed as...

as a inch, centimetre etc in real measurements.

Any help would be much appreciated.....

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: help!
Date: 28 Jan 2000 06:59:22
Message: <38918369.4EB39FE0@pacbell.net>
MOHAMMED HUSSAIN wrote:

> I need to know I one unit in the pov-ray's
> coordinate is expressed as.
>
> for eg if I draw a line in pov-ray from
> <0,0> <1,0> how much is 1 point expressed as...
>
> as a inch, centimetre etc in real measurements.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.....

That is the beauty of POV-Ray :) 1 pov unit = 1 pov unit. You can assign
any value you wish to that value. It you want to model 1 pov unit = 1 meter
then as long as you remember to give every object in the scene that scale
you should have no problems.