POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How kill IDLE using command line? : Re: How kill IDLE using command line? Server Time: 27 Sep 2020 10:32:44 GMT
  Re: How kill IDLE using command line?
From: clipka
Date: 31 Aug 2013 14:42:36
Am 31.08.2013 13:08, schrieb LanuHum:
> How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
> Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
> -d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
> IDLE.
> Why opens if the command line is used?
> It is very serious bug :)

AFAIK It's currently not possible to automatically close POV-Ray for
Windows after rendering; however, if you have thousands of images to
render (and for some reason can't make use of the animation feature),
you can avoid that many windows to open by using POV-Ray's "keep single
instance" option.

As long as all the images have the same resolution, I'd suggest trying
to use the animation feature though.