POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Continuing a render : Re: Continuing a render Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:40:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Continuing a render
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 20 May 1999 03:31:09
Message: <3743AC23.C596D1D3@aol.com>
The INI equivalent to +C on the command-line is:

 Continue_Trace=On

You should use this in the INI if you have removed (done something else
with) the previosly rendered frames, ie. they no longer exist in the
output path:

 Subset_Start_Frame=45
 Subset_End_Frame=90

Example frame numbers, of course. Also good for partial animations to
check things out, etc.

Alan Kong wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 1999 11:35:50 +1000, Steven Jones <ste### [at] tsncc>
> wrote:
>
> >How do I go about continuing a render I have previously halted?
>
>   From the editor window press ALT+C to bring up the Render Settings
> dialog box (there's toolbar icon that does the same thing). Enter '+c'
> (without the apostrophe marks) in the Command Line box to resume
> trace. An alternative is to create your own .ini with these command
> line options already in it. The +c option and most others can be
> overridden from the Render Settings dialog box.
> --
> Alan
> http://www.povray.org - Home of the Persistence of Vision Ray Tracer
> news.povray.org - where POV-Ray enthusiasts from around the world
>                 - get together to exchange ideas and experiences

 omniVERSE: beyond the universe