POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3) Server Time: 26 Apr 2017 23:26:05 GMT
  Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)  
From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 31 May 2014 17:01:58
Message: <538a0b06@news.povray.org>
An update for POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial GUI version for Mac is available at:
http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/index.html#Mac

What is new in POVRay3_7_Unofficial r3:
--------------------------------------------------------
1.  turned off "smart quotes" in the editor (bug in Mavericks)
2. insert menu sorts correctly and separator lines are used.
3. insert menu watches every directory for changes and updates accordingly
4. rearranged preview window code to improve speed
5. compiled with Xcode 5.1.1
6. pause/resume fixed

UberPOV beta 5 will follow soon....

Yvo
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net


Post a reply to this message

From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 1 Jun 2014 09:06:43
Message: <538aed23$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/05/2014 19:01, Yvo Smellenbergh a écrit :
> An update for POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial GUI version for Mac is available at:
> http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/index.html#Mac
>
> What is new in POVRay3_7_Unofficial r3:
> --------------------------------------------------------
> 1.  turned off "smart quotes" in the editor (bug in Mavericks)
> 2. insert menu sorts correctly and separator lines are used.
> 3. insert menu watches every directory for changes and updates accordingly
> 4. rearranged preview window code to improve speed
> 5. compiled with Xcode 5.1.1
> 6. pause/resume fixed
>
> UberPOV beta 5 will follow soon....
>
> Yvo


thanks again Yvo :)


just for elegance,(a little bit pernickety, i know), why not remove 
".txt" at the end of the items's menus ?




---
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise


Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 1 Jun 2014 13:39:08
Message: <538b2cfc@news.povray.org>
On 2014-06-01 09:06:42 +0000, kurtz le pirate said:

> Le 31/05/2014 19:01, Yvo Smellenbergh a écrit :
>> An update for POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial GUI version for Mac is available at:
>> http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/index.html#Mac
>> 
>> What is new in POVRay3_7_Unofficial r3:
>> --------------------------------------------------------
>> 1.  turned off "smart quotes" in the editor (bug in Mavericks)
>> 2. insert menu sorts correctly and separator lines are used.
>> 3. insert menu watches every directory for changes and updates accordingly
>> 4. rearranged preview window code to improve speed
>> 5. compiled with Xcode 5.1.1
>> 6. pause/resume fixed
>> 
>> UberPOV beta 5 will follow soon....
>> 
>> Yvo
> 
> 
> thanks again Yvo :)
> 
> 
> just for elegance,(a little bit pernickety, i know), why not remove 
> ".txt" at the end of the items's menus ?
Good idea, will do so.


Yvo

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net


Post a reply to this message

From: pjl
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 14 Jun 2014 06:20:01
Message: <web.539be8f818675da43b92ba4a0@news.povray.org>
Yvo Smellenbergh <yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet> wrote:
> An update for POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial GUI version for Mac is available at:
> http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/index.html#Mac
>

Yvo,

Thanks, I really appreciate the effort you've put into this. However, I'm having
a problem and I'm wondering if you can suggest what's going wrong.  If I use the
objects... template to create a new sor and then click the "Edit Spline" button
the edit window opens but the programme then crashes and vanishes.

This happens every time on both a Macbook Air running Mavericks and an iMac
running Mountain Lion.

Any ideas?

Peter


Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 14 Jun 2014 08:27:08
Message: <539c075b@news.povray.org>
On 2014-06-14 02:17:28 +0000, pjl said:

> Yvo Smellenbergh <yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet> wrote:
>> An update for POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial GUI version for Mac is available at:
>> http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/index.html#Mac
>> 
> 
> Yvo,
> 
> Thanks, I really appreciate the effort you've put into this. However, 
> I'm having
> a problem and I'm wondering if you can suggest what's going wrong.  If 
> I use the
> objects... template to create a new sor and then click the "Edit Spline" button
> the edit window opens but the programme then crashes and vanishes.
> 
> This happens every time on both a Macbook Air running Mavericks and an iMac
> running Mountain Lion.
> 
> Any ideas?
> 
> Peter

Little bug, please download a fixed version at (only application):
http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/POVRay3_7_Unofficial.zip
There are also some minor fixes for syntax highlighting and insert menu 
files with cr/nl.
Thanks for reporting this!

Yvo

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net


Post a reply to this message

From: pjl
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 15 Jun 2014 05:10:00
Message: <web.539d2a4218675da43b92ba4a0@news.povray.org>
Yvo Smellenbergh <yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet> wrote:
>
> Little bug, please download a fixed version at (only application):
> http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/POVRay3_7_Unofficial.zip
> There are also some minor fixes for syntax highlighting and insert menu
> files with cr/nl.
> Thanks for reporting this!

Yvo,

Fantastic.  You don't get that kind of service anywhere very often.

Once again, I really appreciate your efforts on this.

Many thanks
Peter


Post a reply to this message

From: TStone
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 2 Jul 2014 14:35:00
Message: <web.53b4188418675da42b2f77250@news.povray.org>
Yvo Smellenbergh <yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet> wrote:

> Little bug, please download a fixed version at (only application):
> http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/POVRay3_7_Unofficial.zip
> There are also some minor fixes for syntax highlighting and insert menu
> files with cr/nl.
> Thanks for reporting this!
>
> Yvo


It seems "torus" have vanished from the templates->objects dialogue...


Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Re: Update POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial for Mac GUI (r3)
Date: 5 Jul 2014 06:59:59
Message: <53b7a26e@news.povray.org>
On 2014-07-02 10:34:44 +0000, TStone said:

> Yvo Smellenbergh <yvo### [at] cancel_This_gmxnet> wrote:
> 
>> Little bug, please download a fixed version at (only application):
>> http://megapov.inetart.net/beta/POVRay3_7_Unofficial.zip
>> There are also some minor fixes for syntax highlighting and insert menu
>> files with cr/nl.
>> Thanks for reporting this!
>> 
>> Yvo
> 
> 
> It seems "torus" have vanished from the templates->objects dialogue...

Yes, will fix it!
Thanks for reporting this.

yvo
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.