POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compiling mcPov ? Server Time: 28 May 2020 21:35:39 GMT
  Compiling mcPov ? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)  
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages
From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 8 Jun 2009 18:57:40
Message: <4a2d5f24$1@news.povray.org>
> Ok, but I have still the same errors... I've modified Makefile.am and 
> Makefile.in located in "megapov/sources" isn't enough ?

	You need to reconfigure again.
	(Makefile.am is a template to generate Makefile.in through automake.)

	- NC


Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 9 Jun 2009 13:46:29
Message: <4a2e67b5@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet a écrit :
>> Ok, but I have still the same errors... I've modified Makefile.am and 
>> Makefile.in located in "megapov/sources" isn't enough ?
> 
>     You need to reconfigure again.
>     (Makefile.am is a template to generate Makefile.in through automake.)
> 
>     - NC
> 
> 
reconfiguring what ? Still those errors...
Somebody can tell me ? I there somebody on earth that can compiling this 
patch ? lol


Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 10 Jun 2009 15:30:55
Message: <4a2fd1af$1@news.povray.org>
No solution ? Wich files modifying ? How-to ? etc ?
:-(


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 10 Jun 2009 18:25:00
Message: <web.4a2ff9792bc2839cf708085d0@news.povray.org>
LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Somebody can tell me ? I there somebody on earth that can compiling this
> patch ? lol

I did manage to compile MCPov on Linux Debian "Etch" - but without running into
the problem you reported, so I'm probably not much help on this issue ;)


Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 10 Jun 2009 18:51:23
Message: <4a3000ab$1@news.povray.org>
clipka a écrit :
> LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Somebody can tell me ? I there somebody on earth that can compiling this
>> patch ? lol
> 
> I did manage to compile MCPov on Linux Debian "Etch" - but without running into
> the problem you reported, so I'm probably not much help on this issue ;)

Ok, so you can probably help. What are the steps to compiling ? Which 
files copying, wich config file ? etc... Thanks


Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 10 Jun 2009 19:17:43
Message: <4a3006d7$1@news.povray.org>
LightBeam wrote:
> No solution ? Wich files modifying ? How-to ? etc ?
> :-(

1. Download megapov 1.2.1 sources for Unix and save to any folder; unpack the archive:

wget 'http://megapov.inetart.net/packages/unix/megapov-1.2.1.tar.bz2'
tar xvjf megapov-1.2.1.tar.bz2

2. Download the following patch and save to the parent directory of megapov-1.2.1/

wget 'http://pov4grasp.free.fr/download/megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch.bz2'
bunzip2 megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch.bz2

(NOTE: the patch is based on the MC-POV 0.0.5 sources by Fidos available at:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/fidos/MCPov/MCPov.html)

3. Patch the megapov sources -- no error/warning should be displayed; build megapov as
usual:

patch -p0 < megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch
cd megapov-1.2.1
./configure COMPILED_BY=you && make

	HTH,
	- NC


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 10 Jun 2009 19:50:00
Message: <web.4a300d402bc2839cf708085d0@news.povray.org>
LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> clipka a écrit :
> > LightBeam <seb### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >> Somebody can tell me ? I there somebody on earth that can compiling this
> >> patch ? lol
> >
> > I did manage to compile MCPov on Linux Debian "Etch" - but without running into
> > the problem you reported, so I'm probably not much help on this issue ;)
>
> Ok, so you can probably help. What are the steps to compiling ? Which
> files copying, wich config file ? etc... Thanks

Basically all I did was...

(1) Unpack the MegaPOV 1.2.1 source code to somewhere
(2) Make sure I could compile original MegaPOV from that source
(3) Copy the MCPov source files (overwriting some of the MegaPOV source files)
(4) Add the new modules to the makefile
(5) Hack a few files to make sure MCPov would in *some* way identify itself as
such when run, so I'd be able to tell it apart from MegaPOV
(6) Compile, test and run

I'll try to elaborate more on steps (2) and (4) later, but I may need to retrace
(no pun intended) my own steps.

BTW, I think I didn't really install it, so I wouldn't risk messing up my
MegaPOV installation (official Linux AMD 64-bit binary from MegaPOV homepage).
Instead, the MCPov binary is just sitting somewhere in my home directory tree,
using MegaPOV's resources (include files and such) if I'm not mistaken.


Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 11 Jun 2009 12:04:06
Message: <4a30f2b6@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet a écrit :
> LightBeam wrote:
>> No solution ? Wich files modifying ? How-to ? etc ?
>> :-(
> 
> 1. Download megapov 1.2.1 sources for Unix and save to any folder; 
> unpack the archive:
> 
> wget 'http://megapov.inetart.net/packages/unix/megapov-1.2.1.tar.bz2'
> tar xvjf megapov-1.2.1.tar.bz2
> 
> 2. Download the following patch and save to the parent directory of 
> megapov-1.2.1/
> 
> wget 
> 'http://pov4grasp.free.fr/download/megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch.bz2'
> bunzip2 megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch.bz2
> 
> (NOTE: the patch is based on the MC-POV 0.0.5 sources by Fidos available 
> at:
> http://pagesperso-orange.fr/fidos/MCPov/MCPov.html)
> 
> 3. Patch the megapov sources -- no error/warning should be displayed; 
> build megapov as usual:
> 
> patch -p0 < megapov-1.2.1-mcpov-0.0.5.patch
> cd megapov-1.2.1
> ./configure COMPILED_BY=you && make
> 
>     HTH,
>     - NC
Ok, thanks, that's fine this time. Where did you find this kind of patch ?


Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 11 Jun 2009 22:06:37
Message: <4a317fed@news.povray.org>
> Where did you find this kind of patch ?

	I've found it among my spare time yesterday evening  ;)

	- NC


Post a reply to this message

From: LightBeam
Subject: Re: Compiling mcPov ?
Date: 12 Jun 2009 11:51:31
Message: <4a324143@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet a écrit :
>> Where did you find this kind of patch ?
> 
>     I've found it among my spare time yesterday evening  ;)
> 
>     - NC

Thanks again :-)


Post a reply to this message

<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Initial 10 Messages

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.