POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov website Server Time
15 Jul 2024 01:53:01 EDT (-0400)
  Megapov website (Message 1 to 8 of 8)  
From: Ryan Bennitt
Subject: Megapov website
Date: 6 Nov 2006 15:24:35
Message: <454f9a03@news.povray.org>
Is it just me or is the Megapov website http://megapov.inetart.net/ 
unavailable? I've tried to access it a few times over the past few weeks 
with no success. IE6 says "Cannot find server or DNS Error" while Firefox 2 
says "The connection has timed out". I can resolve the ip address to 
217.153.18.126, but it ain't responding...

Ryan


Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 6 Nov 2006 15:42:12
Message: <uf7vk2lqb64e3cgjjic0c6cj5b3qfgf8lp@4ax.com>
On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 20:24:50 -0000, "Ryan Bennitt" <rya### [at] lycoscouk> wrote:

>Is it just me 

It's not just you.  Same here.



Kyle


Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 6 Nov 2006 18:15:00
Message: <web.454fc16a6fd8fd627b9f9a850@news.povray.org>
looks ok to me: "Copyright 2006 by MegaPOV Team, last modified Thu, 02 Nov
2006"

I remember going there just a few days ago as well...


Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 6 Nov 2006 20:17:55
Message: <nlnvk2luea1qfcb0puh1elpp7a6ohjf9t0@4ax.com>
Hmm, seems ok now.


Post a reply to this message

From: Yvo Smellenbergh
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 7 Nov 2006 11:12:41
Message: <1hofzli.169bzaw1pw1yhgN%yvo.s@gmx.net>
Ryan Bennitt <rya### [at] lycoscouk> wrote:


> Is it just me or is the Megapov website http://megapov.inetart.net/ 
> unavailable? I've tried to access it a few times over the past few weeks
> with no success. IE6 says "Cannot find server or DNS Error" while Firefox 2
> says "The connection has timed out". I can resolve the ip address to 
> 217.153.18.126, but it ain't responding...
> 

It happens rather frequently lately that the site is down.
Most of the time only a few hours but sometimes more than one day.
Right now we can't do anything about it.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

To Kyle, I fixed the projection.pov file on the site, thanks for
reporting this.
I also send you an e-mail but I don't fill out forms for people to get
my e-mails! ;-)

Yvo

-- 
-----------------------------------
MegaPOV at:  http://megapov.inetart.net
MacMegaPOV at:  http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
E-mail: yvo### [at] gmxnet


Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 7 Nov 2006 11:40:35
Message: <vjd1l2lt1qts552p69j01n1kqc3t8sivag@4ax.com>
On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 17:12:40 +0100, yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:

>To Kyle, I fixed the projection.pov file on the site, thanks for
>reporting this.

You're welcome.

>I also send you an e-mail but I don't fill out forms for people to get
>my e-mails! ;-)

No problem.  It'll show up in my suspect email and I'll see it anyways.  Thanks for
replying.


Kyle


Post a reply to this message

From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 7 Nov 2006 18:20:01
Message: <web.4551138b6fd8fd62754412b70@news.povray.org>
yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:
> Most of the time only a few hours but sometimes more than one day.
> Right now we can't do anything about it.

you can stop rendering and release the CPU!! :))

kiddin'...


Post a reply to this message

From: Jaap
Subject: Re: Megapov website
Date: 13 Nov 2006 14:05:00
Message: <web.4558c1366fd8fd62a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> yvo### [at] gmxnet (Yvo Smellenbergh) wrote:
> > Most of the time only a few hours but sometimes more than one day.
> > Right now we can't do anything about it.
>
> you can stop rendering and release the CPU!! :))
>
> kiddin'...

I did run povray on my webserver, but the 200MHz/160Mb laptop was to slow
for any useful rendering. :)  but it runs folding-at-home fine.
Jaap


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.