POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : cannot ./configure 3.7 Server Time: 25 Jun 2019 20:14:59 GMT
  cannot ./configure 3.7 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Shay
Subject: cannot ./configure 3.7
Date: 4 May 2014 03:55:01
Message: <web.5365b912888884ed343b23870@news.povray.org>
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Downloaded from github. There is not a configure file in the release. There are
some configure.ac files that say "process with autoconf to produce a configure
file." Tried this; got errors. I don't know much about such things. Asking here
before I waste more time.


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: cannot ./configure 3.7
Date: 4 May 2014 06:10:01
Message: <web.5365d90d29d48eb57a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Shay" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
> Downloaded from github. There is not a configure file in the release. There are
> some configure.ac files that say "process with autoconf to produce a configure
> file." Tried this; got errors. I don't know much about such things. Asking here
> before I waste more time.

cd unix
../prebuild.sh
cd ..
../configure --with-x COMPILED_BY="%_vendor" LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread
-lboost_date_time"


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Re: cannot ./configure 3.7
Date: 4 May 2014 07:40:53
Message: <5365ef05$1@news.povray.org>
Le 04/05/2014 08:07, LanuHum nous fit lire :
> "Shay" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>>
>> Downloaded from github. There is not a configure file in the release. There are
>> some configure.ac files that say "process with autoconf to produce a configure
>> file." Tried this; got errors. I don't know much about such things. Asking here
>> before I waste more time.

Mailer do not like dot at the very start of a line, edited:

> 
> cd unix
> ./prebuild.sh
> cd ..
> ./configure --with-x COMPILED_BY="%_vendor" LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread
-lboost_date_time"
>


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: cannot ./configure 3.7
Date: 4 May 2014 10:55:00
Message: <web.53661a1929d48eb57a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

>
> Mailer do not like dot at the very start of a line, edited:
>
> >
> > cd unix
> > ./prebuild.sh
> > cd ..
> > ./configure --with-x COMPILED_BY="%_vendor" LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread
-lboost_date_time"
> >

I didn't understand. For Linux everything is truly (correctly, good) written.
For example my path:
/home/leonid/arch/srpms/povray-3.7.0.1/unix
In konsole:
cd /home/leonid/arch/srpms/povray-3.7.0.1/unix
..../prebuild.sh

It is a site problem
If I from a preview come back in the editor, there is one more point in my
record. I didn't notice it.

Test:
.../prebuild.sh

I don't edit:
../prebuild.sh


Post a reply to this message

From: Le Forgeron
Subject: Mail agent (was Re: cannot ./configure 3.7)
Date: 5 May 2014 05:57:48
Message: <5367285c@news.povray.org>
Le 04/05/2014 12:52, LanuHum a écrit :
> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> 
>>
>> Mailer do not like dot at the very start of a line, edited:
>>
>>>
>>> cd unix
>>> ./prebuild.sh
>>> cd ..
>>> ./configure --with-x COMPILED_BY="%_vendor" LIBS="-lboost_system -lboost_thread
-lboost_date_time"
>>>
> 
> I didn't understand. For Linux everything is truly (correctly, good) written.
> For example my path:
> /home/leonid/arch/srpms/povray-3.7.0.1/unix
> In konsole:
> cd /home/leonid/arch/srpms/povray-3.7.0.1/unix
> ..../prebuild.sh
> 
> It is a site problem
> If I from a preview come back in the editor, there is one more point in my
> record. I didn't notice it.
> 
> Test:
> .../prebuild.sh
> 
> I don't edit:
> ../prebuild.sh
> 

SMTP has a special tag (a dot on a line by itself) to signal the end of
a data block (i.e. the body of email). To avoid issue of truncating the
message (and because nntp messages could also be sent as email), some
smart*** found it simpler to "escape" the starting dot of any text by
doubling it.

The same "magic" happens if you start a line of text with From : it get
escaped, but this time by being quoted with a ">".

Of course, as it is unlikely to happen in real-life (and casual tests),
it is often unnoticed.

-- 
Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.


Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Subject: Re: Mail agent (was Re: cannot ./configure 3.7)
Date: 5 May 2014 15:50:01
Message: <web.5367b2e69dc66f197a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:

>
> SMTP has a special tag (a dot on a line by itself) to signal the end of
> a data block (i.e. the body of email). To avoid issue of truncating the
> message (and because nntp messages could also be sent as email), some
> smart*** found it simpler to "escape" the starting dot of any text by
> doubling it.
>
> The same "magic" happens if you start a line of text with From : it get
> escaped, but this time by being quoted with a ">".
>
> Of course, as it is unlikely to happen in real-life (and casual tests),
> it is often unnoticed.
>
> --
> Just because nobody complains does not mean all parachutes are perfect.


Thanks for an explanation.


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.