POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling on NetBSD 6.1.3 for i386 Server Time: 26 Jun 2019 21:10:12 GMT
  Compiling on NetBSD 6.1.3 for i386 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jhu
Subject: Compiling on NetBSD 6.1.3 for i386
Date: 15 Apr 2014 01:30:00
Message: <web.534c89dbbe2e43b4d19b0ec40@news.povray.org>
Tried first by compiling a custom libboost to no avail. Fortunately the boost
libraries from the NetBSD package works. However, I've found that if installing
the libboost package from NetBSD, it's easiest to just copy the libboost*,
libpng, libjpeg, and libtiff files from /usr/pkg/lib to /usr/lib and
/usr/local/lib . Also copy those respective header files in /usr/pkg/include to
/usr/include and /usr/local/include . It's a little wacky, but the mini programs
that the configure script compiles will look in either /usr/pkg/lib,
/usr/local/lib, or /usr/lib for libraries, and if it doesn't find it in the
directory it looks, it will just fail. It's rather annoying.

Once that's all done, compiling issues are now similar to FreeBSD.

Post a reply to this message