POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PovRay-3.7.0.RC7 make error. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 11:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay-3.7.0.RC7 make error. (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Rubid
Subject: PovRay-3.7.0.RC7 make error.
Date: 16 Mar 2013 17:50:01
Message: <web.5144e80bb7c5ef1ade1c639f0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I'm running Ubuntu 12.10, and after successfull configuration of PovRay source
code, I get this error after starting "make":

make[3]: *** [jpeg.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source/base'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm running Ubuntu 12.10, and after successfull configuration of PovRay source
> code, I get this error after starting "make":

> make[3]: *** [jpeg.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source/base'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any ideas?

That's a pretty surprising one, because both the function signature and
the return value have been unchanged for years now, without any problem
reports.

Anyway, I have some hunch. Can you try replacing all occurrences of
"true" with "TRUE" in the file "image/jpeg.cpp"?

Post a reply to this message

> > I'm running Ubuntu 12.10, and after successfull configuration of PovRay source
> > code, I get this error after starting "make":

> > make[3]: *** [jpeg.o] Error 1
> > make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source/base'
> > make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7/source'
> > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maciej/install/povray-3.7.0.RC7'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> That's a pretty surprising one, because both the function signature and
> the return value have been unchanged for years now, without any problem
> reports.
>
> Anyway, I have some hunch. Can you try replacing all occurrences of
> "true" with "TRUE" in the file "image/jpeg.cpp"?

Thanks clipka!
It worked like a charm! Can you tell me how did you figure it out?

For those who have the same problem:
sed "s/true/TRUE/g" jpeg.cpp > jpeg.cpp

Post a reply to this message