POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray 3.7 RC6 (Beta) on Kerrighed cluster! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.7 RC6 (Beta) on Kerrighed cluster! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Doppler
Subject: Povray 3.7 RC6 (Beta) on Kerrighed cluster!
Date: 23 Aug 2012 18:05:01
Message: <web.5036a81dbba3f291ab4ef3e40@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I have installed and configured Kerrighed 3.0 cluster with 2 nods (4 CPU). Also
managed to install Povray 3.7 on it. When I benchmark it with (sudo povray
--benchmark), only two cores (one node) are 100% occupied, the other two are in
idle state.

I also tried with mpirun but it starts two benchmark on all cores. That's not
it.

I know this is because Povray 3.7 only migrate threads, and Kerrighed cannot
migrate it in 3.0 version. I'm interested is anyone installed and configured
Povray to work with Kerrighed cluster, and is there "povray multiprocessor"
application not multithread one?

THX

Post a reply to this message

> I have installed and configured Kerrighed 3.0 cluster with 2 nods (4 CPU). Also
> managed to install Povray 3.7 on it. When I benchmark it with (sudo povray
> --benchmark), only two cores (one node) are 100% occupied, the other two are in
> idle state.
>
> I also tried with mpirun but it starts two benchmark on all cores. That's not
> it.
>
> I know this is because Povray 3.7 only migrate threads, and Kerrighed cannot
> migrate it in 3.0 version. I'm interested is anyone installed and configured
> Povray to work with Kerrighed cluster, and is there "povray multiprocessor"
> application not multithread one?

No, not yet. Distributed rendering is the next big milestone on the
roadmap though.

Post a reply to this message

> No, not yet. Distributed rendering is the next big milestone on the
> roadmap though.

Is there a MPI verson of Povray? When can we expect  distributed rendering?
Thanks for quick reply!!

Post a reply to this message

>> No, not yet. Distributed rendering is the next big milestone on the
>> roadmap though.
>
> Is there a MPI verson of Povray?

No; maybe MPI will be used to implement distributed rendering, but I'm

> When can we expect  distributed rendering?

Unfortunately, the only answer I can give at this point is something
along the lines of "when it's ready".