POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Modeller program for use with Linux? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:53:27 EDT (-0400)
  Modeller program for use with Linux? (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: commodorejohn
Subject: Re: Modeller program for use with Linux?
Date: 27 Aug 2011 21:45:00
Message: <web.4e599d30edee7f92ac78bca60@news.povray.org>
Just for fun, here's the benchmark results from my main machine and *former*
rendering platform, an Asus Eee 904 (1.6GHz Atom N270, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP3.)
(This is running POV-Ray 3.6, but since it's a single-core processor, I don't
know that there'd be much gain from 3.7.)

Total Scene Processing Times
  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  3 seconds (3 seconds)
  Photon Time:   0 hours  1 minutes 43 seconds (103 seconds)
  Render Time:   1 hours 36 minutes 35 seconds (5795 seconds)
  Total Time:    1 hours 38 minutes 21 seconds (5901 seconds)
CPU time used: kernel 1.25 seconds, user 5851.02 seconds, total 5852.27 seconds
Render averaged 25.20 PPS over 147456 pixels

Yeah, you can see why the emphasis is on "former."

Post a reply to this message

"commodorejohn" <com### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Just for fun, here's the benchmark results from my main machine and *former*
> rendering platform, an Asus Eee 904 (1.6GHz Atom N270, 2GB RAM, Windows XP SP3.)
> (This is running POV-Ray 3.6, but since it's a single-core processor, I don't
> know that there'd be much gain from 3.7.)
>
> Total Scene Processing Times
>   Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  3 seconds (3 seconds)
>   Photon Time:   0 hours  1 minutes 43 seconds (103 seconds)
>   Render Time:   1 hours 36 minutes 35 seconds (5795 seconds)
>   Total Time:    1 hours 38 minutes 21 seconds (5901 seconds)
> CPU time used: kernel 1.25 seconds, user 5851.02 seconds, total 5852.27 seconds
> Render averaged 25.20 PPS over 147456 pixels
>
> Yeah, you can see why the emphasis is on "former."

You were using an Atom as a rendering platform? Ouch. Also, try running 3.6 on
the PowerPC.

Post a reply to this message