POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Activity on povray ubuntu bug 187138 Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Activity on povray ubuntu bug 187138 (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Activity on povray ubuntu bug 187138
Date: 6 May 2010 07:35:01
Message: <web.4be2a8ee7bfeebf234d207310@news.povray.org>
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/povray-3.6/+bug/187138

I filed an official bug on ubuntu, for the "incorrect" way ubuntu's povray looks
for folders, compared to that of the official povray linux release.

It's getting some activity now, according to launchpad.

Can anyone speak with authority either here (or much more preferably, there) as
to why the folder setup matters? If getting Megapov on ubuntu were the only
consequence, it looks like some folks are proposing a path forward.

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/povray-3.6/+bug/187138
>
> I filed an official bug on ubuntu, for the "incorrect" way ubuntu's povray looks
> for folders, compared to that of the official povray linux release.
>
> It's getting some activity now, according to launchpad.
>
> Can anyone speak with authority either here (or much more preferably, there) as
> to why the folder setup matters? If getting Megapov on ubuntu were the only
> consequence, it looks like some folks are proposing a path forward.

It's better to just compile your own (tuned to your processor of course) since
you'll more than likely end up with a faster binary. See
here:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.4bdb6f8dc7da38a05da9c9f20%40news.povray.org%3E/