POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : povray 3.5 beta 34 make error Server Time
27 Apr 2024 14:38:27 EDT (-0400)
  povray 3.5 beta 34 make error (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Ineluki
Subject: povray 3.5 beta 34 make error
Date: 27 Feb 2010 09:10:00
Message: <web.4b8927285023ba9831b681150@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to compile the povray beta in a archlinux 64 bits installation, but
the compilation fails after a lot of warnings (from png.cpp)

here's a little part:

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

(declared at /usr/include/png.h:640)

/usr/include/png.h:1082)

/usr/include/png.h:1082)
make[3]: *** [png.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ineluki/povray-3.7.0.beta.34/source/base'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ineluki/povray-3.7.0.beta.34/source'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ineluki/povray-3.7.0.beta.34'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The libpng version (if it has anything to do with that) is 1.4.0-2

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to compile the povray beta in a archlinux 64 bits
> installation, but the compilation fails after a lot of warnings (from
> png.cpp)

Those are just warnings. There must be a real Error message higher up in
the output. Look for that message to detect where the problem is.

John

Post a reply to this message

> I'm trying to compile the povray beta in a archlinux 64 bits
> installation, but the compilation fails after a lot of warnings (from
> png.cpp)

You can redirect the output of the compilation to a file adding

make 2> logfile.txt

and then look for the message.

John

Post a reply to this message