POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Batch rendering of animations? Server Time
1 May 2024 23:33:01 EDT (-0400)
  Batch rendering of animations? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Batch rendering of animations?
Date: 13 Nov 2008 22:50:00
Message: <web.491cf4aea6b9aad134d207310@news.povray.org>
I've previously figured out how to use bash scripting to render a large section
of still images on linux versions of povray.  I'm trying to figure out now how
to render animations.

Say I have a series of files   povfileas234.pov to povfilezzze324234.pov.  If I
just want to generate a n-frame series of bitmaps for each file, what's the
easiest way to do this?

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> what's the
> easiest way to do this?

Oh, that was easy-- just at +kff.

Now I'm trying to figure out the +O switch syntax when I want to send it to a
different directory.

Post a reply to this message

"gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "gregjohn" <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> > what's the
> > easiest way to do this?
>
> Oh, that was easy-- just at +kff.
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out the +O switch syntax when I want to send it to a
> different directory.

And that works well if you simply put in a trailing /.

:-O

<wishes he'd not used the web interface so it would be easier to delete this