POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : WxPyvon release Server Time
17 May 2024 00:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  WxPyvon release (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Ger
Subject: Re: WxPyvon release
Date: 22 Dec 2007 17:39:04
Message: <476d9207@news.povray.org>
HENON fabien wrote:

> Ger <No.### [at] ThankYou> wrote:
>> HENON fabien wrote:
>
> To make a quick try, I downloaded openSUSE-10.3-GM-KDE-Live-i386.iso : I
> am not home and I did not want suse to break my current grub settings
> While being on the live cd, I installed wxpython, povray and ... it works.
> I have all the icons, and python seems to work OK.
>
> As your version is the 64 bit, and the live CD I tried is 32 bit, there
> may a difference there.
>
> I just wondered if anyone else having a suse 64 bit has the same problem
> as you do.
>
> I have Kubuntu 7.10 64 bit on a partition and it works fine on it.
>
> Maybe un-installing and reinstalling wxpython might help.

Transferred it to my laptop (Suse 10.3 i386) and it runs fine, then moved it
over to my spare workstation (Suse 10.3 x86_64) and it runs fine too.
Ran it on 2 terminal servers (Suse 10.3 x86_64)(via thin clients) and they
both barfed but didn't leave python running.

--
Ger

Post a reply to this message

> > To make a quick try, I downloaded openSUSE-10.3-GM-KDE-Live-i386.iso : I
> > am not home and I did not want suse to break my current grub settings
> > While being on the live cd, I installed wxpython, povray and ... it works.
> > I have all the icons, and python seems to work OK.
> >
> > As your version is the 64 bit, and the live CD I tried is 32 bit, there
> > may a difference there.
> >
> > I just wondered if anyone else having a suse 64 bit has the same problem
> > as you do.
> >
> > I have Kubuntu 7.10 64 bit on a partition and it works fine on it.
> >
> > Maybe un-installing and reinstalling wxpython might help.
> >

> Transferred it to my laptop (Suse 10.3 i386) and it runs fine, then moved it
> over to my spare workstation (Suse 10.3 x86_64) and it runs fine too.
> Ran it on 2 terminal servers (Suse 10.3 x86_64)(via thin clients) and they
> both barfed but didn't leave python running.

I am glad to hear that it works fine on two of your systems.

What does barf mean ?  :{

Fabien

> --
> Ger

Post a reply to this message

From: Ger
Date: 23 Dec 2007 12:40:56
Message: <476e9da7@news.povray.org>
HENON fabien wrote:

>> Transferred it to my laptop (Suse 10.3 i386) and it runs fine, then moved
>> it over to my spare workstation (Suse 10.3 x86_64) and it runs fine too.
>> Ran it on 2 terminal servers (Suse 10.3 x86_64)(via thin clients) and
>> they both barfed but didn't leave python running.
>>
> I am glad to hear that it works fine on two of your systems.
>
> What does barf mean ?  :{

To barf is to puke, throw up, get sick :)

It just means that those 2 systems could not run the editor. The editor
would crash but with no bad effects to the running system. Both systems
cleanly kicked it out.
I would say there is still something fishy (seriously wrong) in your editor
(or in python, but I have never used it so I can't say)
--
Ger