POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : New Linux BETA? Server Time
11 May 2024 01:10:12 EDT (-0400)
  New Linux BETA? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Augustus
Subject: New Linux BETA?
Date: 26 Oct 2007 14:35:00
Message: <web.472232b7c441ac96a2fafebb0@news.povray.org>
Will a new Linux BETA be available shortly?  I am working on a Linux review
of a new processor on LinuxHardware.org and I'd like to be able to use the
multi-threaded POVRay for testing.

Thanks,
Augustus

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Calimet
Subject: Re: New Linux BETA?
Date: 26 Oct 2007 16:24:30
Message: <47224cfe$1@news.povray.org>
> Will a new Linux BETA be available shortly?  I am working on a Linux review
> of a new processor on LinuxHardware.org and I'd like to be able to use the
> multi-threaded POVRay for testing.

	If you don't need to have a working display (which is very likely if you
intend to do benchmarking) I can provide you with e.g. a specific binary.
	Please contact me by mail for further details.

	- NC

Post a reply to this message

Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > Will a new Linux BETA be available shortly?  I am working on a Linux review
> > of a new processor on LinuxHardware.org and I'd like to be able to use the
> > multi-threaded POVRay for testing.
>
>  If you don't need to have a working display (which is very likely if you
> intend to do benchmarking) I can provide you with e.g. a specific binary.
>  Please contact me by mail for further details.
>
>  - NC

Can I please get the beta for x86_64 even when the display is not working? I
need to make some performance comparison in a SMP system
Thanks
Jose

Post a reply to this message