POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Keeping rendered image window. Server Time
16 May 2024 22:38:57 EDT (-0400)
  Keeping rendered image window. (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: arubin
Subject: Keeping rendered image window.
Date: 3 Jun 2007 04:50:02
Message: <web.4662800cc163ac55909d55d0@news.povray.org>
I did a little povray programming in Windows a few years ago and I thought I
would re-visit it. I am now running slackware Linux.

I successfully compiled and installed povray and I am am able to render
images. I edit the file using Kedit and run povray from the command line.
One thing I am finding irritating is that I can see the image being
rendered but as soon as the image is rendered the window closes and the
only way to view the image is to open the saved file with a graphics
program.

Another oddity was when I changed povray.conf this had

; Width of image in pixels.  Accepts integer values.
;
Width = 320
;
;
; Height of image in pixels.  Accepts integer values.
;
Height = 240

When I changed this to 800 and 800 I has a distorted lengthened image. So I
have chaned it to 640 480 and the image looks Ok but I am puzzled that
width and length cannot be varied independently.

TIA

Alan

Post a reply to this message

> One thing I am finding irritating is that I can see the image being
> rendered but as soon as the image is rendered the window closes and the
> only way to view the image is to open the saved file with a graphics
> program.

Try this option in your povrayrc config file:
Pause_When_Done=true

This will keep the display window open even when the render has finished

Joerg

Post a reply to this message