POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Change threads in 3.7 Beta linux-x86_64 Server Time
16 May 2024 22:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Change threads in 3.7 Beta linux-x86_64 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: craftyguy
Subject: Change threads in 3.7 Beta linux-x86_64
Date: 5 Oct 2006 22:55:00
Message: <web.4525c47a244de66758035aeb0@news.povray.org>
I am currently deploying pov-ray on a system with 8 physical cores, however
when executed, povray will only use 2 threads to render the entire image.
Is there some .ini file I need to edit or some commandline parameter to
enable more threads when rendering?

Post a reply to this message

> I am currently deploying pov-ray on a system with 8 physical cores, however
> when executed, povray will only use 2 threads to render the entire image.
> Is there some .ini file I need to edit or some commandline parameter to
> enable more threads when rendering?

  Try -wt8

--
                                                          - Warp