POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : envir variables Server Time
16 May 2024 22:39:33 EDT (-0400)
  envir variables (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Francesco Pietra
Subject: envir variables
Date: 18 Sep 2006 19:05:00
Message: <web.450f2493c91756bbe9bdae520@news.povray.org>
At near completion of my present work, I dropped into broken pov-ray-3.5
installed from debian etch. Therefore, also because 3.5 seems to have
disappeared from debian, while 3.6 from there did not work in my hands, I
installed the "official" 3.6.1 as user within KDE.

It works if I issue command
$ /home/francesco/usr/bin/povray +W1024 +H768 +A +Icyclohexane.pov
while sitting in the directory where cyclohexane.pov is, obtaining in the
same dir the png file.

I was unable to set the envir variables. In /home/francesco/.bashrc I wrote:

PATH="/home/francesco/usr/bin/povray:$PATH"; export PATH
(to tell where the executable is; must be in error because "povray" was not
understood)

I also set

POVRAY_DIR="home/francesco/povraywork"

export POVRAY_DIR

to tell where I intend to work (the dir "povraywork"). That must also be in
error.

In view of my complete failure with envir var, I did not try that for
manual.

Well, I need to learn about envir variable, but for the present very
pressing instance I would be grateful for help)

Cheers
francesco pietra

Post a reply to this message