POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : distributed rendering Server Time
26 Jun 2024 15:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  distributed rendering (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: junior dball
Subject: distributed rendering
Date: 27 Jun 2005 11:00:00
Message: <web.42c01416bae622d9f47b0bc30@news.povray.org>
Is there any patch for distributed rendering on linux cluster?
I read of SMPOV for windows,but i can't find anything for linux?
Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: distributed rendering
Date: 27 Jun 2005 11:45:01
Message: <d9p6la$9pp$1@chho.imagico.de>
junior_dball wrote:
> Is there any patch for distributed rendering on linux cluster?

None that offers all the features of current POV-Ray.

> I read of SMPOV for windows,but i can't find anything for linux?
> Thanks

SMPOV is a separate program and there are tools that offer similar
functionality on Unix, for example:

http://www.tu-bs.de/%7Ey0013390/povany/index.html

Christoph

Last updated 03 May. 2005 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______