POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : ./configure does not "find" X-windows on Debian Sarge (solved) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 09:15:44 EDT (-0400)
  ./configure does not "find" X-windows on Debian Sarge (solved) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: IdoIT
Subject: ./configure does not "find" X-windows on Debian Sarge (solved)
Date: 18 Dec 2004 17:40:00
Message: <web.41c4b110a62d854dd53485690@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Hope this is the right group to post to.

I found the solution to the following problem myself while writing this
report. I thought that i should report my findings.

the problem can bes solved by installing package libx11-dev

Best regards, Jan

Runnign configure on Debain "Sarge" failed to find/configure X-Windows
support.

configure (finally) reports the following:

Pov-Ray 3.6 has been configured with the following options:
  I/O restrictionss: enabled
  X Windows display: disabled
  SVGA display     : disabled

Type 'make' to build and 'make install' to install all files in
thee hierarchy /usr/local

I would like to know if anyone has come across this (and solved it) or if
anyoney woudl be so kind to help me find out what is wrong. As far as I
understand the option --with-x is on by default (i even tried to supply it
on the commandline, but it did not help).

I also have tried to remove in "#define X_DISPLAY_MISSING 1" in conf.h but
then Povray would not compile. I guess this has to do with the fact the

Post a reply to this message

> I found the solution to the following problem myself while writing this
> report. I thought that i should report my findings.
>
> the problem can bes solved by installing package libx11-dev

Well, that would be a problem with your installation.  It definetly is not a
problem of POV-Ray.

If you expect Debian to install that package by default, you should probably
report to Debian that (a rather common?) X package is not installed by
whatever defaults you used.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde