POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Successful build on HP 10.20 (vsnprintf() issue) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:38:24 EDT (-0400)
  Successful build on HP 10.20 (vsnprintf() issue) (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: destroyedlolo
Subject: Successful build on HP 10.20 (vsnprintf() issue)
Date: 19 Aug 2004 11:00:00
Message: <web.4124c051d37ae938e5987fa60@news.povray.org>
I all,

vsnprintf() function.

First of all, I got snprintf() replacement from
http://www.ijs.si/software/snprintf/.
I make it and do
 cp snprintf.h /usr/local/include/
 cp snprintf.o /usr/local/lib

Now back to POV :
../configure COMPILED_BY="destroyedlolo" --enable-strip

never fails due to function leaking !

The following errors found during compilation, I have modified following
files to add
#include <snprintf.h> :

source/base/fileinputoutput.cpp
source/base/processoptions.cpp (+ cstddef )
source/base/stringutilities.cpp
source/base/textstreambuffer.cpp (+ cstdarg )
source/base/textstream.cpp
source/frontend/defaultrenderfrontend.cpp (+ cstdarg )
source/frontend/messageoutput.cpp (+ cstdarg )
source/userio.cpp

and the build succeed :-)

I wonder how it can find snprintf.o ????

The other good surprise is X support compiled successfully ! I was afraid
with C++/X header problems as I have on Solaris 8 but, no everything is ok
(hum, does it means this issue is solved w/ 3.6.1 ?).

Perhasp some words can be add in the INSTALL file to tell POVRay may runs if
you install vsnprintf() workaround (or perhasp it can be included directly
in the standard distribution and added by configure if this function is
missing, like PNG support).

Hopping this can help ...

Bye

Laurent