POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Mozilla and these newsgroups Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Mozilla and these newsgroups (Message 11 to 20 of 22)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 2 Messages >>>
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: Mozilla and these newsgroups
Date: 12 Apr 2003 17:27:13
Message: <3e9884b1@news.povray.org>
In article <3e986956$1@news.povray.org> , Roz <rzl### [at] netscapenet>  wrote:

> If I first try to go to http://news.povray.org/povray.unix
> the Welcome page comes up instead. Then if I click the Enter
> the Newsgroups button I can get in and the povray.unix one
> comes up. So Mozilla does seem to get it right at some point ;)

But that is exactly how it is supposed to work if you hadn't visited
before...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

From: Roz
Date: 12 Apr 2003 17:35:47
Message: <3e9886b3@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> In article <3e98635f@news.povray.org> , Roz <rzl### [at] netscapenet>  wrote:
>

>>"Popular websites" is a very subjective statement but I really have
>>not run into problems with other sites. Perhaps you could provide
>>a URL for one of these popular sites that employes the same
>>technologies that http://news.povray.org uses when the Enter to
>>Groups button is clicked.
>

> amazon.com (shopping cart), yahoo.com (all registion based services),
> nytimes.com (registration to view articles), cnn.com (user tracking),
> ebay.com (all registion based services), etc, etc,...

I am probably the only one to have not done anything on ebay ;)

But the others I have been to and not had a problem.

-Roz

Post a reply to this message