POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Little benchmark... Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:30:25 EDT (-0400)
  Little benchmark... (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: SÅ‚awomir Szczyrba
Subject: Re: Little benchmark...
Date: 5 Oct 2006 11:09:26
Message: <slrn.eia81j.94m.steev@hot.pl>
Welcome to the real world, eh Nicolas Calimet ?
> 	If I understand your results correctly, the left image is that produced
> by the binary compiled with the specified options, the middle image is the
> difference-image with a reference (presumably calculated with the official
> binary for Linux?) and the right image is the inverted difference.  Correct?

Calculated with binary created from source tarball.
No extra options, just autoconf guess...

> 	- NC

Slawek
--
  ________
_/ __/ __/

Post a reply to this message

From: SÅ‚awomir Szczyrba
Date: 5 Oct 2006 11:20:29
Message: <slrn.eia8ma.94m.steev@hot.pl>

>   I just tried benchmark.pov in my system, with povray compiled with
> -O3 -march=pentium4 -ffast-math -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -funroll-loops
> and it rendered correctly.

I'll check it again, then.

>   There must be something odd with either your version of gcc or your
> system libraries or something.

Everything's OOTB, except kernel.
Hm, why not. Next test:
Fedora's kernel vs. my own one... :)