POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Building 3.7.0.0: Where's ./configure? Server Time
18 Apr 2024 09:39:10 EDT (-0400)
  Building 3.7.0.0: Where's ./configure? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Gergely Szaktilla
Subject: Building 3.7.0.0: Where's ./configure?
Date: 11 Nov 2018 23:59:54
Message: <5be908ca$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there!

I'm new to Slackware and for me building things from source is some kind
of revival - I used to build almost any kind of software since mid 90's.

So I'm not /that/ new to reading tons of docs, READMEs and whatever
comes in my way.

But I need some help with building pov 3.7.0.0.

unix/install.txt tells me to run the usual configure and make commands.
But where is that configure script for povray?

TIA

Gregor

PS: unix/install.txt:

Compiling and installing POV-Ray from sources is achieved by running the
usual 'configure' and 'make' commands.  For a system-wide installation:

   ./configure COMPILED_BY="name <email@address or website>" [options]
   make check
   sudo make install

The COMPILED_BY argument to 'configure' is mandatory and must be filled
with your name and/or organization so that the generated binary can be
differentiated from official POV-Ray builds.

On 2018-11-12 04:59:54 +0000, Gergely Szaktilla said:

First run prebuild.sh from the unix folder and then all will be clear ;-)

Yvo

> Hi there!
>
> I'm new to Slackware and for me building things from source is some
> kind of revival - I used to build almost any kind of software since mid
> 90's.
>
> So I'm not /that/ new to reading tons of docs, READMEs and whatever
> comes in my way.
>
> But I need some help with building pov 3.7.0.0.
>
> unix/install.txt tells me to run the usual configure and make commands.
> But where is that configure script for povray?
>
> TIA
>
> Gregor
>
> PS: unix/install.txt:

> Compiling and installing POV-Ray from sources is achieved by running the
> usual 'configure' and 'make' commands.  For a system-wide installation:
>
>    ./configure COMPILED_BY="name <email@address or website>" [options]
>    make check
>    sudo make install
>
> The COMPILED_BY argument to 'configure' is mandatory and must be filled
> with your name and/or organization so that the generated binary can be
> differentiated from official POV-Ray builds.

Yvo

POV-Ray 3.7 unofficial: http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/
UberPOV Mac: http://megapov.inetart.net/uberpov_mac/index.html#Mac
MegaPOV: http://megapov.inetart.net
E-mail: yvo(DOT)s(AT)gmx.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (4 KB)

On 11/12/2018 06:37 AM, E-mailyvo s gmx.net wrote:
> First run prebuild.sh from the unix folder and then all will be clear ;-)

Well, no ;-)

There still isn't any ./configure script.

Regards,

Gregor

Post a reply to this message