POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.7 installation once more... Server Time
26 Apr 2024 21:02:16 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 installation once more... (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: 3.7 installation once more...
Date: 4 Dec 2012 17:47:04
Message: <50be7d68$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

After (guess what) another system crash and re-installation of Linux
(Debian aptosid "Geras", kernel 2.6.37) I once more tried to compile 3.7
RC3 (I refrained from using the latest version, as it needs at least
kernel 2.6.8).

So I followed the instructions in INSTALL, did ./configure
COMPILED_BY="your name <email@address>" (of course with my name and
e-mail address)... after installing libboost1.50-dev all went fine...
except for that nasty message towards the end:

configure: error: in
`/media/disk1part11/software/downloads/Raytracing/povray-3.7.0.RC3':
configure: error: cannot link with the boost thread library

What went wrong? The configure routine referred me to config.log for
more details - but I simply cannot make out where to look in that huge
data sheet!

The first error showing up there is a wrong call of gcc - with -V
instead of -v! How can I get rid of this? Is my gcc outdated?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message